HAPPY NEW YEAR! - Unique Lullaby

Monday 5 January 2015

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Hey hey!

Happy 2015, I know scary isn't it. Where has the time gone! It hadn't sunk in for me yet until today, 2015 eh. But what a year 2014 was!

We were introduced fully to BBC Sound of 2014 winner Sam Smith and that incredible voice of his! Although we all had been singing his feature on Disclosure's track 'Latch' since 2012, he really had a great successful 2014 with the release of an album, two massive selling singles and, no biggie like, but he's been nominated for six Grammy's, SIX! Including album of the year and best new artist. That's pretty damn good going if you ask me.  Nice one Sam.





Another artist I have loved in 2014 is George Ezra. After previously discovering him in the list of the BBC sound of 2014, I was immediately drawn to the gravelly powerful vocals. I will definitely argue that Budapest was one of the catchiest songs of my 2014. I played it on my radio show every week and I tell you, I never got bored. The album 'Wanted on Voyage' is well worth a listen, it really is a beautifully written album!
Excited to see what 2015 brings for this fella!




And of course we saw a return from the likes of Jamie T, SBTRKT, and Bombay Bicycle Club.
Jamie T releasing a brand new album 'Carry On The Grudge' and the release of a bit of a Halloween inspired track 'Zombie' its good to see the South Londener back on the scene.

SBTRKT of course doing some interesting collaborations as usual on their new album 'Wonder Where We Land' with collaborations from Ezra Koenig (Vampire Weekend), Jessie Ware and an artist with another awesome voice and sound who is well worth a check out, Sampha.



And we saw a brand new album from one of my all
time favourites, Bombay Bicycle Club 'So Long, See You Tomorrow' and a happy me when I got to see them play a visually incredible live set back in February. Luna was a fantastic single and made me so so excited for the album and I was not disappointed. I was also brought to the fantastic voice of Rae Morris through this. Double whammy really.





So there was just a few of my favourties from 2014! What a year. Keep your eyes peeled for the next post as I'll be revealing my ones to watch for 2015!

See you very soon! 

2 comments:

@way2themes