Superhero - Unique Lullaby

Tuesday 3 February 2015

Superhero

Well what do we have here?

23 year old Jep Roadie has dropped his brand new track 'Superheroes'.

The song combined with a soulful sound really creates a memorable beat to get lost into as the song progresses. His crisp, clear lyrics really work well when the beat drops and you are left with the fast paced emceeing, moving the song to a whole new level. This is a really catchy and well written tune Superhero indeed, the production of the track is great and a fantastic new single from the New England Native, who's favourite colour is Orange I may add. He's really onto something exciting and is truly really passionate about what he does which clearly exudes from the song and what he had to say.

Jep added this;
"Speaking as the "lone wolf" that they always refer to, I can tell you what comes of seclusion. Plenty of self awareness and the yearning to save. Not in the way most "rappers" use the term nowadays. But in the traditional sense. Actually saving someone's life. Of course, it is just an extension of our overall humanity and willingness to put others before ourselves. Nonetheless, I did not choose to save. I do not like to save. I simply need to save. It cannot be controlled. By day, I can't really stand most human interaction. I find most to be self absorbed and simply lost. Most are lost because of the devices used to distract the world. But by night, I am the one howling at the moon in hopes it will reply. I don't do this for recognition. I do not do this for monetary gain. It would be much easier to rob a bank than to become a superstar. I pretty much do this for a family member, I am yet to meet. I do it so that a lost soul may be revived by one of these recordings. The lone wolf always seems to be lonely. But maybe inside his heart, lives the voices of all. This is no sermon. I am not preaching. This is no attempt at being something I am not. I am writing this in hopes that someone will relate. That someone will understand what I am saying or how I feel. Until then, I will continue to write these songs. Everyone is a Super Hero in someone's eyes. Ideas like that make life worth living. I love you. Sincerely, A 90's baby, who was given PTSD."

Awsome track! Nice work.

Take a listen to the track here:

          I did a little interview with the lovely man himself. 
        Check out what he had to say:


Tell us a little bit about you, where are you from, what was it like growing up, what made you get into music?

First things first. I was born in New Bedford,Massachusetts. I was raised in Bristol,CT. I am from Venus. Growing up was always a little lonely. My father always traveled for work. I have two younger brothers, so I always had a lot of responsibility. My family had money. My family struggled with money. The whole divorced parents pattern. Music was always something that took me to another place. It made me dive deeper into my brain. Never liked school. Music allowed me a certain amount of freedom. Once I discovered that I could write my own songs, it was over. Hearing all the different songs on the radio was my first taste of real love. Early on, I was able to feel the affects of great music. I always loved musicals. Sound of Music and Willy Wonka, love that stuff. 

Which artists have you grown up with and influence your music?

I was always forced to listen to whatever my mom was playing in the car. Fortunately, I took a liking to most of it. 90s R & B and soul is what I grew up on. I fell in love with 90s pop on my own. Other artists that have influenced me are Aaliyah, The Fugees, Boyz II Men, Hootie and the Blowfish. Any tune that has gotten stuck in my head, I love and am influenced by. I have a big fascination with classic music. I am constantly trying to create a song that I think can last throughout time. 

Superheroes is a great track what inspired you to write this and where does  your inspiration come from for all your music?

With everything going on around the world, we need a superhero. Of course we know real super heroes don't exist, but there are everyday heroes everywhere. Whether it is a role model to someone or a school teacher. Everyone always needs help. Someone is always becoming someone's hero. It just felt prevalent. I wanted the song to be more than a great song. I wanted it to become the background for all good deeds. My inspiration usually comes from what I want to see. I usually write about the changes I want to see in the world. 

How would you describe your music to someone who has never heard it before?

I would describe it as much more than just rap music. My music is genre-less. It is well thought out. It is universal. It is welcoming. It does not alienate. It is progressive. It is written to inspire. It is music for the revolutionaries. It is music that you play to free your mind or to obtain clarity. I try to spread some knowledge within my music. It is the new soul music. 


Have you worked with anyone or collaborated with anyone who encouraged you to keep pursuing your music?

There was one teacher in high school who would let me bring home his keyboard to try and create beats. We would work on sounds and music after school for a while. He was the first one who showed me that it is possible. It is possible to make music that can change the world or at least change your own life. I began making music in an attempt to save my own life. It gave me direction and focus. 

Have you got anymore tracks you’re looking to write or release soon?

I have an amazing body of work coming sooner than later. It is called BunkBed197. I also have an unreleased project that may see the light of day entitled Regal. I have a lot of unreleased music. The best will be released soon. 

And what are you aims for the future? 
.

I will speak of the near future. I am going to shoot a video for SuperHeroes. I will have an app created for instant access to my material. Hopefully we can get a tour going. Hopefully we can partner with some cool charities.

Best of luck to Jep Roadie in the future! looking forward to his future releases.

No comments:

@way2themes